We’ve all been “newbies” to the ever-evolving social media platforms at some point. We’re here to help! So let’s start with the basics. If you’re a business, creative, or big dreamer with hopes of taking your hobby to another level you’ll want to create an effective Instagram bio (short for ‘biography’. That’s right, even you can have your own mini-biography) that lets viewers know who you are, what they can expect, how you can help them, and even call them to action to where they can get more. Here is our guide to help you.
- HEADLINE – Did you know that the Name field in your bio is completely separate from your username? And you can edit it to include keywords that relate to your business. those keywords are the only searchable keywords on your bio so use them wisely.
- PROFILE PICTURE – Using your logo or a version of your logo is ideal. This will help with brand recognition. Also be sure to use the same profile pic across your other social media profiles for brand consistency which builds trust.
- TITLE – Choose a title that best describes your business.
- VALUE STATEMENT – Use the body of your bio to highlight who you are and what you do. Consider a format that helps visitors quickly understand your business value to them.
- CALL TO ACTION – Since Instagram only gives you one link on your profile, it’s a good idea to use the last line to tell visitors what’s in it for them if they click your link. For example, if you’re offering a new promo, resource or limited time offer, make sure to tell your profile visitor know.
- STORY HIGHLIGHTS – Create a cohesive set of cover arts for your highlights. they can elevate your brand aesthetic and bring together all your content for a clean, crisp look.
Have multiple links you want to share?
You’ll notice that Instagram only gives you 1 link, but you have quite a few links you’d like to share easily. Don’t fret, my friend. Use free services like Linktr.ee to create a menu of links that your visitors can choose to follow and click. Here’s what my bio linktr.ee looks like. I share a bit there and you can even start an great email funnel there by offering a freebie like I have there. Brand DNA & Strategy — Go get it if you haven’t already!
Ask us about our custom Instagram highlight cover icons for your industry complete with your brand color and elements firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have more questions about our social media services, digital marketing, or having your business at the top of a Google search don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com or our contact page.